Friday, October 28, 2011

Baby #3 Baby Boy Crib Bedding ZigZag Quilt

It is funny how these take months and months to get to the end, and then all of the sudden you finish all of them in a matter of two days.

The boy crib bedding quilt is complete!  I love the chevron/zigzag pattern and it is super cozy to lay on (just ask either one of my kids!).



I kept the machine quilting simple on this one as well.  I stitched in the ditch (on the seams) as well and followed the zigzag pattern as that was what I wanted to stand out.  Add in a little machine binding and there you have it. 

My lining up skills for the back vs. front pieces improved with this quilt, but could still use some work.  It's a good thing that perfection has never been my crafting mantra.

This is the largest of the quilts I made this go around and actually needed the piecing on the back (or at least a seam of the same material).  I WAY overestimated the amount of fabric I needed for both of my bedding projects, so if you are having a baby in the future, expect gifts made in these color schemes. :)

The rest of the bedding?  See the crib skirt and bumpers.
Tutorial for the pattern found here.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

KaLee, I love this pattern, how hard is it? I need some fun quilt patterns that look classy but aren't too difficult. Love it!

Denise said...

You totally amaze me KaLee! You are a rockstar! Just curious what you did with the boy bedding you made if Kendree would've been a Kenny though. ;)