Sorry for the two pictures, but you know how it is some of us look good in one, some look better in the other. :)
A nice shot of Peter Pan and Capt. Hook dueling.
Capt. Hook posing (you can tell how much he wanted to humor me).
Tinkerbell showing me what candy she wanted next.
And then saying, "Seriously mom. I am so dang cute you just TRY to tell me no to one more piece."
How about a few infamous notes? You can skip these if you want, but I always get asked if I don't elaborate. Tinkerbell's costume consisted of a costume found by Grandma Cali at a local consignment shop, walmart white tights, hand-me-down white church shoes and a pair of $5 wings. I put her hair back in a pony (just like Tink's). I also made her a white tutu to go underneath in case she wanted to princess it up a little bit, but she would only put that on once and has never let me put it on again.
Peter Pan's costume was made by Grandma Wyo for my brother 18-ish years ago. Both of my brothers wore it (at least once) and now Easton has too! I did have to make a new hat (out of felt) and buy a new red feather (Hobby Lobby). I also made the brown belt complete with knife holster (out of brown felt) and I bought new brown rope stuff for the top of his shirt. The knife was made out of several layers of felt as well. The tights I found on amazon for $3 and his shoes are his church shoes.
Wendy-I made Wendy's dress from a Butterick maternity pattern. I actually liked the design of the shirts and dresses that were included so I figure I can make other maternity clothes in the future (you know in like 4 years when I'm ready for another kid :) ) and the pattern didn't seem like such a waste of money. The fabric is that stretchy dance fabric stuff (you know?) turned wrong side out (Wendy doesn't do a lot of JAZZ HANDS) as I couldn't find any light blue knit fabric. I also had a blue felt bow in my pony tail (not shown) that helped to complete the look a bit. I was definitely the most confusing of the family when I wasn't with the group. I was asked if I was "just a pregnant lady" or if I was Mary, Jesus' mother several times. I'm actually putting this dress in the "Christmas Nativity Dress ups" as it is a pretty perfect fit for Mary if I add a towel.
Capt. Hook-coat, hat, white shirt thingy and belt purchased as part of a "Captain Blackbeard" costume at Wal-mart while the boot covers and hook came from a different pirate kit I got on clearance after Halloween last year. Ronnie also wore black shoes and a pair of his own black dress pants. The wig was actually a Jack Sparrow wig also from Wal-mart, but we hid the beads and red bandanna under the hat. I made his super long mustache out of felt and we attached it with my trust ATG gun glue cartridges.
Any other questions?



5 comments:
Love it!
Holy cow KaLee your family is adorable!
awesome! :)
How fun!
Loved your "theme"! One of these years I'll get my act together and my family will have a theme....maybe next year it will be Phineas and Ferb...
Post a Comment