Friday, October 07, 2011

A little family update

I feel as though this blog has been all about pregnancy and baby related crafting lately, so I thought I'd give a family update.
  • Kendree is 19 1/2 months and officially LOTS of fun!  She follows her brother everywhere around the house and if he is ever on the floor, she tackles him promptly.  She prefers her hair down lately which has led to me considering a nice, short cut and it is actually getting some auburn highlights in it (thank you Grammy!).
  • Easton considers himself a very big boy (and he is!).  He goes to preschool once a week, swimming lessons twice a week and we fill in the rest with trips to Laramie (for mom to work) and running errands.  He gets really set on patterns and consistency (an age thing, I hope?!?) and must tell his Daddy "Bye! Love you!" before Ronnie leaves for work or he gets VERY upset.
  • Ronnie continues to work, work, work.  Hunting season started last weekend, so he's been taking weekly trips to the ranch to try to bag an elk. 
  • I'm keeping busy with the kids and all of my "stuff."  I recently found out that my job has been extended by another year (a real blessing for us), so I'll continue to work from home.  I know a few of you are wondering how I am going to manage that with three kids instead of just two.  The new arrangement has me traveling to Laramie two days a week (they would like more presence in my office) and then I am hiring a good friend to babysit Easton and Kendree 1-2 days a week (depending on how things are going) here in Cheyenne for 4 hours while I keep the new baby with me.  It sounds easy-peasy when I type it out, so we'll see how it goes.  I will get four weeks of leave with the new baby and will then take an additional two weeks of just working from home and not traveling over before I get back to the grind in mid-January. I really can't say enough how blessed I have been with my job.  I love the people I work with, my flexibility and the opportunity I have to be with my kids.  I also can't believe how blessed I am to have a mom who is willing to have dedicated "Grandma Time" whenever I need her.
Well, that's about it, I think.  Anything I missed that you are dying to know?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great update! I'm glad to hear that everything is set for another year of work for you. I think that Kendree would be darling with a bob. It was the best decision I ever made for Chani's hair (and my sanity).