It is complete! I just love this part. The feeling of accomplishment can't be beat.
This was my first attempt at machine quilting (thanks to my mom for just happening to have a walking foot that I can borrow). I just stitched in the ditch (on top of the seam lines) in between each ruffle. Easy peasy. The ruffles make this quilt way heavier than you think, so moving that much fabric through and around my machine was not a cake walk.
I decided to piece the back for some visual interest and in the process learned that I am not very good at lining up the front and back pieces in a straight manner (hello little crooked left-hand side!). Oh well, I figure that by the time my kids would notice such a thing, they will hopefully love the quilt so much it will just make them love it more--right?
You can bet I machine bound this bad-boy. I just don't know if I will ever do it another way. In 15 minutes my quilt can go from no binding to done. That is my kind of ending!
Just for comparison's sake, you can see Kendree's ruffle quilt here.
Also, for the complete bedding set see the crib skirt and bumpers.




5 comments:
That is beautiful! Where do you get your fabric? You are so talented!
Yahoo! It looks AMAZING! I think you are going to have to teach me how to make one of these if my baby is a girl...and if not, then you are still going to have to teach me. :)
Cute quilt KaLee, I'm very impressed! Love the detail on the back, very classy.
Wow, I wish I had the slightest idea where to begin on making my own crib bedding (it is impossible to find anything that I just LOVE), but you are speaking a foreign language here (stitched in the ditch, walking foot, machine bound... WHA?). Doesn't help that I don't own (or know how to use, for that matter) a sewing machine. I would still be impressed with this quilt, whether I knew how to sew or not. It is absolutely beautiful! And way to finish before the new baby arrives!
Super cute quilts!! I wish I lived closer to you and Ronnie, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to quilt with you!!
Post a Comment