Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sorting Winner

First of all, I was going to offer a prize in each category--but then I realized that it didn't matter because Anne Marie (who has a private blog) was the closest on all three!

I am moving 1 box. Just for the record, 20 boxes were shredded (my department handles all scholarships and donors for the college so there was a lot of personal information), and 8 boxes were recycled. Even the shredded stuff will be used in drywall (or something like that--so the shredding company told me).

The oldest document I found was Sept. 17, 1965. Although the documents from 1977 enthralled me the most since they were all typed on carbon paper so our office could have a copy of the letter.

Our office did their accounting by hand in GIGANTIC ledger books until 1993. Not as horrible as I made you all think, but still personal computers were around.

So, thanks for playing! Anne Marie--send me your preferred monogram for the cards and I'll get those right out to you!

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

I won? I never win anything. How did this happen? Ok my monogram can be a simple letter A. I am so excited I can't wait. Thanks!