So I mentioned how I am quite busy at work currently. No, I’m not an accountant (though that would be a logical explanation for craziness at work this time of year).
I’m planning an event for a lot of important people—that is half of the craziness.
The other half is that our entire building has to move.
Into an old dorm building.
It will be as glamorous as you are imagining.
So, as such we are sorting. Sorting old files, office supplies, broken chairs, etc. I know that I am not moving one single thing that I don’t have to. In fact—with every job I’ve ever held, I’ve completely cleaned (or should I say chucked*) all unnecessary items about six months after starting. At that point, I usually have a good idea of what can go.
It is my belief that offices in general keep way too much crap. Yes, I used the “C” word and I’ll say it again. CRAP.
But now I’m going off on one of my pet peeves—so back to the situation at hand.
My office has a store room. I was shown where it was when I started, but have never set foot in it since. Not once. I haven’t searched for a single file down there.
So last week I tackled the job. 25 file boxes and 3 four-drawer filing cabinets.
And now I present a little contest. Answer the following questions.
1. How many boxes am I moving to my new storage room?
2. What date did the oldest document display?
3. Until what year did my department keep their account books by hand?
I’ll close the contest Wednesday, April 16th at 11:59p.m. (One entry per person please).
The prize?
You want to know about the prize?
A set of personalized cards from yours truly. Cuz, let’s face it—that’s about all my pocket book can afford to shell out at the moment.
*When I say chucked, I mean recycled. I am earth friendly. But recycled just doesn't make my heart sing like the word chucked. Say it with me. CHUCKED.
9 comments:
I'll go first.
1: 3 boxes
2: 6/10/1952
3: 2001
That is right chucked. I remember cleaning out our hallway closet with you at BYUB and we "chucked" a whole lot of paper.
1. 1
2.1966
3. 1998
Ok.
1. 10 boxes that someone else will move for you.
2. May 29, 1935
3. 2003
1. four
2. sept. 1, 1960
3. 2004
I am glad it was you and not me!
so funny!! but sheesh, sorting does not sound like fun. i really am wondering how long they kept their accounting by hand..
1. 8 boxes (agreed with lauren)
2. january 1, 1963
3. 1999
Hmmm, let's see...
1) 6 boxes
2) July 15, 1957
3) 1997
By the way, this post makes me happy...I love chucking stuff. In fact, I spent a good portion of my day today helping a friend chuck her stuff. It doesn't seem to matter whose stuff it is I'm chucking...it's always so refreshing.
1. 0 boxes
2. April 1972
3. 2006
1. 2 boxes
2. 1/1/1958
3. 2000
Any chance you could give a prize for each category? Doesn't hurt to ask, right?
Post a Comment