I bought (well actually, my mom bought) super cheap party hats at the Dollar store and I covered and decorated Easton a special one. The funny thing was that he couldn't figure out how to take it off, so he wore it the majority of the night!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
A Party Report
We had a wonderful party last night with family and friends. I'll warn you that there are lots of pictures, but this is Easton's blog and I can do whatever I want. So there! :)
I bought (well actually, my mom bought) super cheap party hats at the Dollar store and I covered and decorated Easton a special one. The funny thing was that he couldn't figure out how to take it off, so he wore it the majority of the night!
I bought the giant cupcake mold from Amazon.com and loved the effect. If anyone nearby wants to use it--please let me know, I'm happy to share!
It took Easton a few minutes before he figured out that the icing was good stuff.
This was his face when he finally started to "get" it.
After a while, using his hands was too much work, so he just sucked the frosting right off of the cake.
A side view of the frosting licking.
Easton's face after. He looks a little out of it--probably from the sugar high that was kicking in.
And this was the damage he did. He didn't really touch the cake itself, but loved the frosting!
After a quick clean up, we started opening presents. Easton helped with the first one....
And opened this one. He sat down immediately to play with it, and was just marginally interested in all other gifts.
It's a good thing I had lots of kiddo helpers to unwrap the presents and then show them to Easton!
The younger ones took care of playing with the toys after they were opened. {Brinley, Easton, and TJ}
When we got home, I tried to arrange all of the toys for a picture, but Easton had another idea--he wanted to play!
So, I waited until he was down for the night to take the final picture. Thanks everyone for your gifts!
I bought (well actually, my mom bought) super cheap party hats at the Dollar store and I covered and decorated Easton a special one. The funny thing was that he couldn't figure out how to take it off, so he wore it the majority of the night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I almost feel like I was there! Sorry we missed it, but we will have a celebration here for him too! And there never can be too many pictures!
Grandma Cali
I'm so sad we missed out... we'll have to have fun with him in a couple of weeks when we see him again!!!
Looks like he had a blast! I love the pics of the cake, um I mean frosting eating. :) He is so dang cute!
happy birthday easton!! unreal, i can't believe he's one.
You are too cute and you're little guy is too. Thanks so much for having us.
Post a Comment