Monday, February 08, 2010

38 weeks

I have to admit that the thought of a baby in just a little more than a week is a bit daunting. Why is it that these last few weeks of pregnancy always seem to fly by for me? I am still feeling great, and I've even been sleeping better this last week. I think part of it is that I refuse to let myself look at the clock anymore during the night, so I have no idea whether I just adjusted my position 30 minutes ago or three hours ago. It's all mental, right?

My to-do list before this baby seems to have grown exponentially since we got the news that I am going to be induced. For instance, on Saturday I NEEDED to make the throw pillows on my couches fluffier. There was no getting around it. Luckily, I had all of the supplies on hand and just a short time later, that was crossed off, but seriously....throw pillows?

I'm down to two pairs of shoes that comfortably fit. The flats you see below and my trusty Mary Jane Crocs. You may think that those shoes right there let my swelling feet go whatever way they want to, but you would be wrong.


See? Even my toes want to swell, but the darn flats just won't let them. It should be noted that these pictures were taken at 11a.m., so you can just imagine the huge-ness at the end of the day. I know, you wish you were me.

My sister Erc and I were having a discussion about swelling feet on Saturday and she was telling me about a pair of flip flops that are stretched so much from her pregnant feet that she can't wear them anymore (she was in St. George when she was pregnant, so flip flops were an option). After going on about how huge her feet were, I decided to take off my Mary Jane Croc and show her what mine were looking like. I put one up on the bar stool and she says, "Oh! Mine were never that big!"
Thanks Erc. Thanks a lot.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I remember after I had Max I was so happy to see I really did have knees. Simple pleasures of life.

Josh and Gnickie said...

Hang in the KaLee. Your feet aren't that bad. I mean, I can tell that you are definitely not comfortable but they could be BIGGER. I think mine were double that size at 32 weeks:(

However, I know exactly what you are thinking...will I ever have normal feet and ankles again. You know the answer, you got yours back after Easton :)Not much longer and you will be pumped to have baby and your body back.

Erica said...

I meant it in the kindest possible way. Plus my belly was twice your size...I think I would rather have huge feet than a gigantic belly. :)

Chris and Beth Will said...

Wow, so soon! That is really exciting.
Hope it all goes well.

Anonymous said...

KaLee your poor feet! Mine did that after I had Robinson. I swear I am not making this up, once you have the baby, drink only distilled water for 3 days and the swelling will all go away. It did for me. I even froze distilled water for ice cubes. Good luck! Can't wait to meet baby Lopez (fingers crossed for a girl :)