Monday, February 01, 2010

37 weeks

Full-term baby! Not that that means anything to someone like me who has literally no chance in this world of going early. It's just not in my genes.

It has been almost comical to me with how much I really had forgotten about being pregnant with Easton. The second time around, I thought I would remember it all, but every time some new feeling, movement, stage of baby's growth comes up, it's like I'm learning it all again. Something to do with selective memory I'm sure?

While I do feel "ready" to welcome a baby into our home, at this point the discomforts of pregnancy are in no way outweighing the work of a newborn. This baby can stay right where it is for 3 more weeks, thankyouverymuch. I continue to feel really good, just the waking up at night thing. And remember last week when I bragged about my feet not swelling? Well, this week they came out in all of their glory. Welcome back cankles, I [in no way] missed you. If you are wondering where the pictures of the monstrosities are (you sick and twisted people you), I'll be sure to get some good ones before my next update.

But guess what? Since you have all been so patient with our struggle to come up with, let alone share names with you, I'm going to reward you by sharing all 7 of our boy names. I'm convinced that we will be going to the hospital with at least 7 boy names. We may even be paying that fee that I hear about if you don't name your baby by the time you leave. Ahh well.

You'll remember that our girl names are (in alphabetical order--mainly because Ronnie and I can't agree on anything, and this makes things the least complicated): Brynn, Camryn and Kendree(I'm fairly confident that would be the spelling if this last name was selected).

And the boy names (again, in alphabetical order--see above reason): Bridger, Brock, Bryson, Caden, Drew, Jayce and Tate. I'm sure Ronnie would want me to add that he is not certain that the name is even on this list (sigh).

Other belly shots: 36 weeks, 34 weeks, 30 weeks, 28 weeks, 24 weeks, 20 weeks, 17 weeks

7 comments:

The Grant's said...

Great names guys! I see why you are having such a hard time picking! They are all so good!

JMG said...

what are the possible middle names? That helped us weed out the first names!

Kathryn said...

I agree, they are good names! Maybe you can draw out of a hat, (not that that option was well taken by me when it was suggested) Maybe it'a good thing you have to see the special little one to decide. All the best for the next 3 weeks KaLee. (I was going to say 3-4 weeks but we don't want to give he/she the idea that they can stay longer!!)

Carolyn said...

I like all the names! Good luck with the last few weeks!

Anonymous said...

I love the names! Plus you look awesome for 37 weeks!

Bethany said...

i like all the B names! ;) ;) i love them ALL!

Denise said...

We didn't want to finalize our kids' names until we actually saw them to make sure they looked like whatever we named them.

Since Abbey was the 1st baby of the New Year at our hospital, there was a write-up about it in the newspaper. The babies at the other 2 local hospitals in the county had been named right after birth, so of course their names were listed. We weren't as committed at press time, so got the ole 'name undecided' tag. Great! Her first exciting life-event and she's a no-name! And now the whole county knows it! That's okay tho'. I'm glad we took our time because she is such an Abbey, and not any of those other names would fit her now.

Good luck with your choice! At least it won't be in the papers for all to see, so the pressure's off. Then again there is this blog and Facebook ... :0)