Friday, February 12, 2010

The end of the crafts

My crafting to-do list (well, the realistic one) is complete. I wasn't sure with the earlier induction if I would have to let a few things go, but I was able to squeeze it all in.

First, my good friend Lindsey, taught me how to make these beaded watch bands. I've been wanting to do this for almost a year, but the price of the pre-made ones is too much for my pocket book, so would you believe I made all five of these (with LOTS of beads left over) for $20? I love when crafting actually saves you money.
When we were in Cali over Christmas break, I found some oilcloth on sale and my sweet mother-in-law bought it for me. Ever since then, a crafting/baking apron for Easton has been on my list. I finally got it all done yesterday (less than an hour from start to finish) and used this tutorial and pattern. I did make a few adjustments (mainly the ones she recommends in her post. The bottom measures 9 inches (where hers is 6) so it goes all the way around Easton's legs, the neck straps are separate pieces so I can tie the apron as high as I want on his body and I added the pocket. Now, if I could just get him to wear it, we would be set. :)
And finally, I made this minky blanket for the new little one (if it is a girl of course). Easton can not survive without his blanky, and I have what seems like a million "castoffs" that didn't satisfy him when I was trying to come up with a back up solution for him (just in case, you know). So, a boy baby has plenty of those to choose from and now, thanks again to my mother-in-law, a girl will be set as well.
I even had enough fabric to make a "lovey" so I can have a smaller size for the diaper bag, etc.

If I was really good, I would have also found time to make the Mr. Potato Head out of felt or the felt playhouse that goes over a card table, but alas--maybe another time!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

As always, I love and admire all your crafts. You are amazing!