Wednesday, March 04, 2009

And I was glad he didn't wear his jersey

For Christmas I gave Ronnie tickets to the Lakers vs. Nuggets game in Denver.

He loves those Lakers!

Last weekend was the big game. We handed Easton over into the capable hands of my family and drove down to Denver. (I won't tell you the number of times I looked in the backseat to check on Easton only to discover he wasn't there).

We met up with our friends Ashley and Jared at the game. Sadly, I forgot my camera in the trunk of the car, and while Ashley remembered hers--she forgot her memory card. Pictures were just not meant to be.

I loved the atmosphere of the game--the "show" of it all. There was just one little problem.

I barely, just barely fit in the seat.

I like to think that I am "average" sized. Not skinny by any means, but kind of in the middle. Every time I sat down, my hips got caught on the arm rests of the chair and then I had to put a little extra effort into getting into the seat. (The positive of this, was that once I was in, I fit fine, and the seats were even padded).

But honestly.

What do people do who are larger? Do they get to their seats, realize they can't fit and then get upgraded? Go without eating for days prior to any Pepsi Center event? Shell out the extra money for close seats (which I was convinced looked bigger, although I was not close enough to be sure)? Does the Pepsi Center have an abundance of the handicapped seating for such circumstances?

I know that every additional body in that place means $ for the franchise. I get it.

I just think they need to think about me, the little (I use that term loosely here) man.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know that Easton was fine, but how did mom and dad do their first time away? (sorry Ronnie, the Lakers did so badly that game - and you had to watch it up close and personal, could not even fast forward thru the rough parts).

Bethany said...

you'd think i would have been to the pepsi center more than once, but nope, just once, and it truly is a tighter than tight seating arrangement. i hope denver was fun anyway! :)

Anonymous said...

we enjoyed having you guys come down and watch the lakers lose!! haha sorry ronnie! you guys can stay at our place anytime your in town.

Anonymous said...

I so understand where you are coming from! To make matters worse, Jeremy has such wide shoulders, that he squishes me over even more! It's all about squeezing people in there, and taking their money!