I have this thing I do.
I tune things out. Like REALLY tune them out. As in, you can be shouting my name in the same room as me and it will probably be the 3rd or 4th time you shout it before I realize you want me to listen to you.
I like to think it was my way to cope in a family with 5 kids (I realize that is not that big of a number when we are talking about LDS families). I would want to read a book but there wasn't a quiet place in the house, so I would plop down on the couch and turn off my ears.
This is still a talent I find useful, although it annoys Ronnie to no end when the kids are yelling my name (mind you, they are not in danger or dying) and I'm ignoring them.
But you know what?
Sometimes mama needs her quiet time and she'll take it anyway she can get it. :)
So am I alone? Are you able to create your quiet time?
No comments:
Post a Comment