Sunday, November 06, 2011

The post where I swoon over the boy's genius-ness

So Easton has long loved letters of the alphabet.  He's been able to identify them all for about a year now (I think, give or take).  He's mastering their sounds now and has started memorizing how to spell different things (like Easton, our last name, etc.).

But up until very recently he had NO interest whatsoever in writing letters.  I couldn't even get him to trace an "E" or practice "O" (unless he thought we were actually practicing circles).

Cue preschool and peer pressure and his age, etc. and I give you this:

He likes to trace the "s" (hence my yellow one underneath) but other than that, he pretty much has it down.

And he is soooooo proud of himself.  We must have written his name about 20 times yesterday afternoon.

I love that boy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for writing names! He is pretty great!

Stevens Family said...

Good job!!! Hopefully he doesn't do what his cousin Brooke did when she first learned to write her name and sneak a crayon into his room and proceed to write his name on every surface including the walls, dresser, box springs, and carpet...