Saturday, November 19, 2011

My 2011 Ornament

In Ronnie's family, the women exchange handmade ornaments each year. 

It is a really fun tradition (I try to ignore the stress it causes me each year as I try to find and then make a cute ornament) and I love seeing the different ornaments that everyone comes up with.

This year I finally finished the ornaments that I started the year that Easton was born (yes, four years ago).  That year I ended up dropping out of the exchange because I felt to overwhelmed with all that was going on (little did I know how crazy busy my life would be just four years later).

They are called Paper Pine cones and I used the tutorial found here to make mine.  While they were a little time intensive, they were perfect to work on while watching television shows with Ronnie in the evening.  In fact, he was the main paper folder throughout the process!

Probably my favorite part about them is that they are light and can't really be broken so the kids can handle them with no problem.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh i just love them! They would go wonderfully with my decor... might have to get my craft and try these little beauties out!

Christy M. said...

They are so cool! Good work and what a fun tradition