It reminds me of the phrase, "There's an app for that" and that just makes me smile.
The ward we are in now is no exception to that rule. Someone who can sew, scrapbook, bake delicious bread and in this case can.
I bought a 40 lb. box of chicken last week and since I really wanted to have great tasting cooked chicken whenever I need it, I asked my good friend Jill if she would walk me through canning it.
She was so wonderful to show me and Bri (our other friend) the ropes and then even finished my batch when I had to take off to a work meeting that came up suddenly. I seriously love friends like that!
Canned chicken is not the most beautiful thing in the world (unless you are the one pulling it off the shelf to add to a quick and easy (and delicious!) dinner), so I took a picture of my cans in the box.
It is almost ridiculous how excited about this, but it's the little things, you know?
*Both of my kids have called chicken this from a very young age. In our house we eat "bock, bock" and we love it.
**On another note, how do you spell the sound a chicken makes?

1 comment:
Canned chicken sounds fabulous! I have to admit that I've never canned it myself...but I would love to learn and I'm going to add it to my list of goals. I would spell "bock-bock" the same way you did. And I chuckled when I read that you call it that in your house. I love it! :)
Post a Comment