I've had a few questions in the comments, etc. and thought that this may be the easiest way to answer them for all of those inquiring minds out there.
What about the quilt you made if Kendree was a boy? What has happened to that?
When I was pregnant with Kendree I made girl crib bedding, a quilt to match that bedding, an everyday girl quilt, an everyday boy quilt and a "special" quilt. That "special" quilt was supposed to be the equivalent of a crib bedding quilt, since I planned on reusing the crib bedding from Easton, but that fabric was no longer available. Fast forward and Kendree was a girl, so the boy quilts got packed away. Fast forward again and baby #3 is on the way. I mentioned to Ronnie that I only needed to make two girl quilts and he said that he thought it would be cool to have each child have their own crib bedding set. At the time, I took it as permission to purchase more fabric (who needs a second push to do that?) and really, the time it took to create the new boy bedding and quilt wasn't too bad at all. I should also say that even if I used Easton's bedding again, I was going to purchase new bumper pad inserts and had a bit of repair work to do on the bumper ties. So, for now, I do have that "special" quilt that doesn't really have a purpose. Perhaps my sister will have a boy and it can be just for him!
You have the greatest taste in fabric ever, where do you find your fabric? (there may be a little paraphrasing there)
For both Easton's and Kendree's crib set fabric, I fell in love with entire lines of fabric at local fabric shops in little ol' Laramie. The cost of buying fabric at those shops is not very, shall we say, pocketbook friendly. For this baby, I knew that I would be buying double the amount I had ever purchased at once and so I looked forward to hitting up some discount fabric stores while we were in California over the 4th of July. It just so happened that the discount fabric store (I think it is called M&L Fabric) was having a 4th of July sale which made their prices even better. I was able to get the fabric for two crib bedding sets as well as the girl everyday quilt for the same price as the fabric for Easton's bedding set cost. The girl crib bedding set for this baby is a line of fabric (makes coordination easy), while the boy set I just couldn't find any lines of fabric that spoke to me. They were either super baby (teddy bears, etc.) or REALLY themey (who wants a baby's room decorated with trout fabric?). So, I found one fabric I loved with quite a bit of color to work off of (the fabric I used for the crib skirt, here) and my lovely sister-in-law and I wandered for what seemed like forever (even longer to her, I assume) to find 6 more fabrics we liked to go with it. My poor other sister-in-law was even more bored, I'm sure (sorry Kari!).
So what are the fabrics called?
Baby Girl Everyday Quilt: Anthology Fabrics, PR149, PR150, PR151; David Textiles Emberglow Dot Stripe; Robert Kaufman BKT 10534-192 Spring; and Robert Kaufman BKT 10535-81 Turquoise. I also used another orange fabric (used as the largest amount of the back), but I don't have a scrap left to pull the information from, sorry.
Baby Girl Crib Bedding and Quilt: Giselle by Jessica Gonacha for Red Rooster Fabrics. I added only one other fabric to the ones I liked from the line, Robert Kaufman Metro Living Chocolate.
Baby Boy Crib Bedding and Quilt: Robert Kaufman On a Whim II (small zig zag); Robert Kaufman Groove (diamonds); Oh Hoppy Days Cicle Turquoise; Paisley Party for Red Rooster Fabrics (yellow stripe); Robert Kaufman Playday Spring; David Textiles Orange Diamonds; David Textiles Blue Stripe.
Anything I missed?
1 comment:
Isn't it nice that most of your sewing is out of the way? You're welcome to the two blessing outfit patterns that I have, if you want them! I have both dresses and rompers.
Post a Comment