Thursday, November 03, 2011

36 weeks


You get two pictures today, mainly because Kendree's little grin was too cute not to share.  She saw me taking pictures and had to get in on the action.

Baby continues to be head down and everything looks great.  My blood pressure is "awesome" as told to me by the nurse and baby's heartbeat is good. I got the "when to come into the hospital" speech today.  Surprisingly, I feel more nervous about making sure I get there this time around than I ever have before.  Probably because with Easton I figured I would be in labor for FOREVER (and I was about right) and then I was induced with Kendree and didn't have to think about it.  Then Kendree came lightening fast (remember, 1 hour from water breakage to why hello little baby).  I listened intently to the doctor's advice and then remembered that most likely (judging by my genes) I will never go early and I shouldn't even begin to worry until we pass my due date.  The doctor also asked about the sizes of my other two babies (Easton=7lbs. 10 oz. and Kendree=6lbs. 3 oz.) and then she guessed that this little one will be more in the Easton weight range.  I guess we shall see.

Now that baby is head down (or now that baby is bigger) he or she enjoys dancing on my leg nerves and making different legs go numb at inopportune times (like when I had to grab on to the counter to keep from falling while making dinner the other night), fun times.  My ankles have started swelling (mainly only visible when I am wearing socks and they leave crazy indents on my legs) and I've had a few bouts of heartburn.  Overall, I'm sleeping more soundly than I was a few months ago and I'm enjoying every precious hour I can get.

I feel like my preparations are pretty much done.  All of my baby projects have been completed (although my to-do list is still crazy long) and while I haven't done my load of gender neutral clothes yet, I'm feeling very non-urgent about it.  I'm sure I'll get to it in the next four weeks, but I'm not running out to get my bottle of Dreft quite yet.

Wanna compare? Pregnancy with Kendree at 36 weeks
Pregnancy with Easton at 36 weeks

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For what it's worth, I have been using my homemade detergent this time around and skipped the Dreft completely. Yay for less than 30 days!!!!