Friday, November 11, 2011
37 weeks
I'm at that stage where everywhere I go (and I mean everywhere) someone (at least one someone) asks me when I am due, or how much longer I have, etc. A lot of people at stores will look at Kendree and then at my large tummy and just smile to themselves. I know they are thinking that I have a huge awakening coming up.
I continue to sleep really well and can't complain about that at all. [Ronnie might feel like he needs to complain about the pillows that I have to have around me that take up a lot of the bed here.] Heartburn is very infrequent, but Braxton Hicks have actually started. This is a totally new experience for me. I'm sure some of it is because I really never stop moving (what with the house, keeping up with the kids, errands, work, and my to-do list). I'm at the point where I can tell exactly which body part is pushing outward (well, at least the bum and the feet). My ankles and feet are really starting to swell and I think this pregnancy will be no different than the others in that I will get to the point where the only shoes that will fit on my feet are my Ugg boots and my Crocs. Watch for that at church, you locals!
Easton told me yesterday that I have a very big belly because I am going to have a baby and then asked again if the baby is going to come out my mouth. I explained again that mama would go to the hospital and the doctor would get the baby out, but it didn't seem to satisfy him as well as it has in the past. He also wanted to make sure that I was going to come home from the hospital and that I would "get better." Man, that kid picks up a lot these days.
This week the plan is to actually wash the gender neutral onesies, etc. and make the list of what I need to pack to go to the hospital. Does anyone actually pack a bag ahead of time? That just seems annoying to me as everything I want to take is something that I use on a fairly regular basis.
P.S. Today was my original due date. Crazy to think about.
Lookin' Back: 36 weeks, 34 weeks, 32 weeks, 30 weeks, 28 weeks, 26 weeks, 24 weeks, 20 weeks, 18 weeks, 16 weeks.
Compare.
Pregnancy with Kendree at 37 weeks.
Pregnancy with Easton at 36 weeks.
Labels:
baby3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Cade too thought babies came out of my mouth... what is that about?
Tell you what would be crazy... still keeping that date.. 11/11/11 and having a little someone today???
Easton cracks me up! We had to have some specific conversations about how the baby got out (my husband does teach anatomy and physiology, after all). I just set a bag near my vanity so I could throw things in quickly if needed. Good luck!
I didn't pack at all for my 3rd...he was 3 weeks early...but when I was in actual labor and needed to be headed to the hospital I was packing random things like nail clippers and granola bars. I say pack the absolute essentials just in case like the under things and clothes for baby, and the rest can wait. Oh, and I had the kids watch "A Baby STory" with me on TLC and my son is still telling everyone that Keanu came out of my butt. Not sure that's a great alternative to mouth, but what can you do with a 4 year old?
You're so close! I didn't pack a bag when I was pregnant with Nora because I was sure that I would have to be induced a week after my due date. As it turned out, I had an extremely fast labor five days after my due date and I was totally unprepared. The good news? It didn't really matter. I sent Kip home with a list of what I needed and he brought it to me at the hospital. Probably not the best approach, but it worked. Good luck!
I pack a few things early that I won't be using until post-baby, like a boppy, nursing cover, nursing top, outfit for baby, etc. I make a list of everything else (I know from reading your blog that you are a list person, too) so that I can throw a bag together in a hurry should I need to.
I was hoping you would get your 11/11/11 date (we wanted 10/10/10 with Cruze), but I bet you avoided an overcrowded hospital (I'm sure there were a lot of scheduled c-sections and inductions for that date).
Good luck with the last few days/weeks of your pregnancy!
Post a Comment