Yesterday I tried to make that chant a little more true.
Easton loves two things above all others:
Buttons
and Tags
So, to fulfill all of his wildest dreams, I created this:
A tag blanket with buttons sewn on. Buttons that he can chew and grab all he wants to (the best kind in Easton's opinion). I followed this tutorial and just made a few tweaks (the adding of the buttons and one side being cotton fabric).
And because I love all of you--it's time for a giveaway! I'll make you a tag blanket with buttons. One side minky and the other a suitable cotton fabric (in either a girly or boyish design--your choice). Perfect for your little one, or your next shower gift.
What do you have to do to win? Just leave a comment (any comment) before Wednesday, July 23rd at 11:59pm and I'll draw a winner via random.org.
Good luck!
14 comments:
Ka-
This is TOO cute. Easton has the best mom ever to create such a fun blanket!! By the way, you are so talented.
ohh, pick me, pick me!! that is just the thing I need for curious little bianca. very crafty work KaLee!
What a great idea! It's super cute. I wish that I could just "whip something up" like that. :) Please pick me!
Oooh, I'm totally tempted to post more than one comment, you know, to up my odds!!
That's awesome! Garrett went through the button/tag fascination phase a little while back (and, let's be honest, still hasn't completely crawled out...especially where zippers are concerned. He loves him some zippers). As I'd watch him reach for any button, zipper, or string attached to my clothing, I swore up and down that I'd sew something like this in time for the next child. Here's hoping, though, that I can just win one of yours instead (so much easier!). Count me in!
It's darling KaLee--I think I spot some classy SU ribbon on this fun project. Keep up the good work!
KaLee, I am so impressed with your skills! Easton is such a lucky boy. If I don't win the drawing (keep my fingers crossed!) I'll have to learn how to make one of these. Lainey loves buttons too. So innovative - I love it! :)
That is really cute KaLee. Buttons seem to be hit with little boys of all ages, my little boy included!! I love the colors you used for the tags too, very cute. I just have to say that you have the cutest little flirt of a boy in Easton. We were sitting behind him on Sunday in RS and he would drop his chin and do 'that face' and we were giggling like little girls in the back row!!
so cute! you are so creative, i'm so jealous. good work.
You know that the real fascination about all the buttons and tags is where they are attached to - like to your clothes, not to a blanket he can have anytime he wants...
That's what kids do best!
Grandma Karen
I am so impressed with your craftiness. I want to win one!
YOU ARE A GREAT MOM! Don't even think you are not for an instant - although we as moms always have our doubts - when you can't make the baby/child happy, not sure what is really wrong, second guess ourselves, feeling guilty about leaving them to go out and have fun, or we have to work - but I think that you are the perfect mom for Easton and the perfect wife for Ronnie.
Karen
How cute is this! I was looking at something like this online and it was selling for $20! Maybe you could start a side business? Count me in on the drawing! :)
How fun! I planned to make one and never did. It is absolutely darling!
Post a Comment