Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Running

I’m not so much a runner. In fact, I think it is safe to say that I hate running.

[so tell me why, deep down, do I want to run a marathon someday?]

This summer I’ve been trying to get my butt back into shape. Some weight loss would be a nice perk—but I really just want to feel good. Okay, and fit into some old clothes.

I’m starting slow. On my parents elliptical machine and stationary bike (until I can locate a bike trailer for Easton). I strap on my ipod and away I go.

I have one problem though. My music choices are lacking. My ipod library looks something like this.

Pop stars from my high school days? Check.
Alternative music from college? Check.
Enrique? Double Check. I LOVE me some Enrique.
So much country you may start to call me a hick? Check.
Music great to run to? Not so much.

Back in the day, I had a few mixed rap/hip hop CDs that were my staple at the gym. Now, I would prefer something I little less rap-ish and a little cleaner, but I really, REALLY need a good beat to keep me going.

Please help. What music gets you moving?

6 comments:

Candise said...

I have a finely tuned "Exercise Candise" playlist! I'll e-mail you my titles! I am almost completely unable to exercise without some good tunes.

Bethany said...

some of these are slightly embarrassing, but here it is:

mariah carey (new & old)
chris brown
jordin sparks
akon
one republic
jason mraz

you've just gotta have an actual beat to get through agonizing work outs!!

Bethany said...

p.s. ditto on the less-rap and more-clean.

Maria said...

Good for you for being motivated to exercise!! I find myself LESS motivated in the summer. Weird, huh? My favs to listen to are: Goo Goo Dolls, Switchfoot, AC/DC, Dashboard Confessional, and then like you mentioned, the hits from high school (NSync, Backstreet Boys, etc.) Hey, they still pump me up, 8 years later!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

OK, I TOTALLY understand on this one! I MUST have music. Seriously, no battery in my iPod, I can't run more than down my driveway! Good music pumped through my headphones loud enough to block out my feet hitting the pavement and my breathing....3 miles without stopping! Seriously!

Some favorites:
S.O.S.-Rihanna
Fallin In Love - Team Bruno
No Air- Jorin Sparks
My Love - Justin Timberlake
4 Minutes - Madonna (feat JT)
FREETIME - Kenna (TOTAL FAVE)
Lose My Breath - Destiny's Child
Apologize - Timbaland & OneRepublic

And sometimes when you need some "angry" music to really get it going:
What Do I Have To Do - Stabbing Westward (FAVE!)
I Won't Be Ignored - Lincoln Park

Hope that helps! :)

Shorter family said...

Some of my favs are:
Let's Get Loud...Jennifer Lopez
Hot...Avril Lavigne
4 minutes...Madona
The Sweet Escape...Gwen Stefani
Wanted...The Refreshments
What I am...Shooting Rubberbands
Lie To Me...Jonny Lang
These Boots are Made for Walking...Loertta Lynn
99 Red Balloons...Nena
Bathwater...No Doubt
It's the End of the World...R.E.M
Objection...Shakira
Let My Love Open the Door...Sondre Lerche
I Want you to Want Me...Letters to Cleo
Like Wow...Leslie Carter
Superstition...Stevie Wonder
I wont back down...Tom Petty
Island in the Sun...Weezer
Clumsy...Fergie
Love is a battlefield...Pat Benatar
Brown eyed girl...Jimmy Buffet

Just to name a few.
P.S. I think I should win an award for the longest comment :)
I am always looking for more, so if you get a list send it my way!
Luv ya
-Jessica