Wednesday, July 16, 2008

When you need your mom's freezer

Last night I got a little becky-homecky and made some freezer jam. Raspberry for me, strawberry for Ronnie. (Yes, I realize the amount of sugar I will consume may completely negate that exercising I am trying to do--it's a sacrifice I am willing to make). I would give you the recipe, but it is a family secret. Lucky for you, we keep that secret recipe inside the box of Sure-Jell Pectin.


I don't think I can describe how much I love homemade jam. Every time I make it, I am reminded how easy it truly is. So here's the challenge. Get some fruit on sale and make a batch (honestly, only a 30 minute process). Your family will thank you for the next year.

Plus you can totally say "I made that" when you have people over to your house--how cool will that be?

5 comments:

us said...

yummy, yummy. I am with you...homemade jam is the best. I guess you have inspired me and I should go make some.

Lindsay said...

I've never heard "making jam" and "easy" together like this. You may have just inspired me.

Anonymous said...

I am always making the freezer jam. I love it, and it is way easy. A couple of weeks ago, I had leftover strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries from something I had made. I didn't have enough to make individual jam, so I mixed all of the berries together. Needless to say, it's one of Jeremy's favorites.

Tiffany said...

They look so good! My mom uses the the sure jel recipe too, and it's the best. I have been wanting to make my own jam for so long, but I am too cheap! Raspberries are a fortune. You may have just convinced me though! Yum

Carolyn said...

KaLee, I love homemade jam too! Last year, I made many batches of peach jam. It was delightful, but reading about your strawberry jam made my mouth water...I might have to try that one this year!