Tuesday, October 13, 2009

22 months

{warning: this post will not have any pictures--I apologize}

On Saturday, Easton turned 22 months old. He is turning into more and more of a little boy everyday and is even starting to string two or three words together! While I love being able to understand him better (and the tantrums have decreased a bit) there is always that part of me that just wants him to stay little, darn it.

Let's start with some words that he has mastered: durtee (dirty), pull, dog-dog (doggie), box, rock, buuuhrp (burp), Tuh-ner (Turner, from Handy Manny), pill-doe (pillow), Doc (from Cars), boy, geeeerl (girl), loon (balloon), jump, Pat (from Handy Manny), pun-tin (pumpkin), kitty, rog (frog), coe (cold), haaa (hot), and no? (snow, always said as a question).

As always, I'm sure that I have missed some. I may have to stop these word lists all together, since he will try to say pretty much anything you say to him (and this is when I realize my swearing habit has to end. Kidding, just kidding).

Easton loves nursery, but I think all of the leaders really wish our church was at a different time. It's hard to entertain kids from 1-3, when they normally go down for naps at 12:30.

With the few snow storms lately, Easton seems to have gotten over his initial fear of the white stuff. He will step in it now, but I don't think he's ready for a dive into it or anything like that.

He also loves the clay-mation movie "Rudolph" and will watch that more than anything else right now (so strange, I know). My mom has a book called "Big Pumpkin" that came with a sing/read-a-long tape from Scholastic many years ago that he listens to daily about 10 times in a row. If any of you want to hear the book in its entirety, you can call my mom, or Sarah. They have it memorized.

In general, Easton is such a happy boy. We seem to have solved the sleep problem. Naps are going splendidly, but at night-time there is an occasional 2 minute cry session, and then he goes right to sleep. Thank goodness, driving him to sleep wasn't going to be an option when it is below freezing outside.

I promise more pictures soon.

1 comment:

Denise said...

How did you solve his sleep issue?