So, several of you have requested a little more information about the quilt.
Here it goes.
Each base strip was cut 3.5" wide and the width of the fabric (44" standard). They were then sewn together with a .25" seam. I ended up trimming down the total width of my fabric, so it measures at 45"x38" currently.
The ruffles are two 2.5" strips sewn together so that in total they are each 88" long when flat. Each long edge was hemmed (with a #69 Bernina rolled hem foot) and then I used my longest stitch length down the center of the strip and pulled to ruffle them.
Ruffles are then pinned and sewn on.
I can give more information if anyone is really going to attempt this sucker. Just know that while the base strips come together really quickly, the ruffles take about 30+ minutes per ruffle.
As far as cost, just in fabric (which I do have expensive taste in, unfortunately), this quilt cost me $70 (please say Ronnie is not reading this) add in the batting and the cost of taking it to get quilted and I'm looking at probably $100. If anyone would like me to make them one, it would be about $175 total (to pay me for time). I know that is more than most people want to spend on a little something for their little someone.
5 comments:
it'll be our secret... ;)
Plus I always round down the totals at the craft/fabric stores. At least I use my 40% off coupons from jo-ann's quite frequently and then try to stick to flat fold rows at Jenny's near my parents - $1.49/yd... I miss that store (sniff).
That is why these little gems are so precious! Good job KaLee.
KaLee, that quilt is gorgeous! I have never seen one so cute! I am admitting that I'm going to try to copy it, but with a different color scheme. You are the craftiest woman I know! I love it!
Wow - way to go - I'd say you are an over-achiever, that way I can feel better about the fact that I am so not. I realized that I am still missing a month in the first year of Colby's scrapbook (he turned 4 this month) and I haven't even started Kinley's (14 months today). Hhmmm.
Being an over-achiever is awesome, just in case you wondered!
Post a Comment