Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sometimes, I just love people

My drivers license was set to expire this year.

I knew that if I waited until closer to the expiration date, I would have a pregnancy-fat face staring back at me for the next 5 years, and I couldn't accept that, so off to the DMV I went.

It was slow (thank goodness) and I was helped right away. As the lady verified my identifying information, I realized that because the last thing I had done was a name change, my weight had not been updated in close to 8 years.

And, I hate to admit it, but I weigh more now than I did 8 years ago.

So, I corrected her with my current weight.

She looked at me and said, "But honey, you don't have to put down baby weight."

I could have kissed her.

Bless her for thinking that my high school weight was accurate.

She completely made my day.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

That is wonderful! That would have made my day, too.

Kathryn said...

AND from a public servant, double make of the day!!! hehe. That is such a boost when you feel the way you do when pregnant! Happy day!!

Jessica & Paul said...

Larame DMV people are so nice... My Drivers license came up when I was 8 mo pregnant with Aftyn, and they let me keep my old picture!... lol now that I say that... did I really look THAT bad lol!