This is awesome. And not awesome.
Getting to actually hear how she feels and what she wants is pretty great.
Having to hear how she feels and what she wants is sometimes not so great.
It does lead to some pretty great comments:
- Kendree went with my dad to get pizza while Ron and I were in San Francisco. They were standing in line behind a girl in a letterman's jacket from the local high school. Kendree turned to the girl and said "Did you go to the game with Sarah?" Sarah had gone to a UW basketball game the day before, but the fact that she equated the high school team jacket with a game and then wondered if that girl had attended is pretty crazy.
- We were missing one of her shoes at my mom's house and I sent her to go look for it in the bedrooms. She came running into the main room and yelled, "I found my missing shoe!" I guess there isn't anything specifically crazy about that, but whenever she says things that sound like they should be coming from Easton's mouth (which is the majority of the time) it kind of takes me back.
- When playing "I spy with my little eye" with my mom, she described the kitchen light as black, white and having shoulders (the iron curves a little like shoulders). What two year old can use the word shoulders descriptively?
- We dropped off Easton at preschool this week and as we were walking out, she asked me, "Can I go to this preschool when I am four?" I was happy that was a simple question and not a tantrum about wanting to go to preschool now.
I'll try to catch some conversations on video so you can all experience it.
No comments:
Post a Comment