- Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright. A feel good story with a simple action that even the youngest of children can understand. We all save our change for other things, why not to serve others?
- A Christmas Thief by Carol Lynn Pearson. Another classic feel good story, but I love how it centers around a nativity.
- The Witch's Christmas by Norman Bridwell. I love that witch. I love her at Christmas.
- The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans. This one I actually have two extra copies of and I'll send it to you if you need one of your own. Love, love, love.
- The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey by Susan Wojceichowski. I'm really hoping my kids will sit still for this one this year. The illustrations are lovely and the story is too. Another one about a nativity. I'm a sucker for nativities.
- The Innkeeper's Wife by Lynda M. Wilson. I love when I can relate to a story, and I can relate to this one.
- The Other Wise Man by Henry van Dyke. If you haven't read this one, you may as well just drop what you are doing now.
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg. I assume you are not breathing if you don't know about this book.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss. My mom actually tried to memorize this book one time. Read it with that in mind next time and you'll understand why she chose a different book to memorize. :)
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
A few of my favorite Christmas books
I'm not sure I could ever compile a list of Christmas books that is totally complete, but here are a few I pulled out of my Christmas box last night and sighed as I organized them. [in no particular order, just the order I pulled them out - all links are to Amazon, because I love them]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree by Robert Barry is definitely a favorite of mine as well as the Kindergarteners that I taught. :)
Christmas Oranges by Linda Bethers (great illustrations by Ben Sowards)! This is a favorite at our house. We always give it as teacher Christmas gifts with a few oranges!
"The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" By Barbara (Something or other) and "Skipping Christmas" by John Grisham are a couple that come to mind.
Post a Comment