That is not quite true, but over the years I have answered questions (all about food) from friends and relatives and gotten it wrong.
Let me give you a few examples.
- I had noticed that Ronnie preferred homemade strawberry jam to raspberry jam which I thought was crazy. I asked him about it and he said that he doesn't like the raspberry because the seeds get stuck in his teeth and drive him crazy. A few months later someone was asking me about a food with raspberries in it and I told them that Ronnie doesn't like raspberries. He has since clarified that he hates the seeds in raspberries but loves raspberries themselves. I'm still not sure when the seeds are worth it and when they aren't. :)
- Ronnie had refused eating a few mint truffles that I purchased. He also does not like mint chocolate chip ice cream. I assumed he didn't really like mint except for actual mints that you suck on. Apparently I was wrong again (although between you and me, I still don't really know of a food with mint flavor that he does like).
- Again, I had noticed that Ronnie either turned down things with nuts in them, or made comments when I made things with nuts that they were good "except the nuts." And once again I assumed that he didn't like nuts and expressed that to someone. I have since learned that he does not like desserts with nuts in them, but loves nuts by themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment