Let's face it (although I'm not quite ready to) the holiday season is upon us. Heck, Thanksgiving is three days away!
What do the holidays bring? Traveling.
Traveling with kids? Welcome to 14 suitcases, a swing, a highchair, a bumbo, a pack n play, and a bag just full of toys.
It's the best.
I thought I would share a few of my favorite tricks.
1. Tin foil. Don't go leaving me now, it really is awesome. If I have any "surprises" for the kids, I make sure to remove all of the store packaging and then wrap the item in tin foil. Or sometimes two or three layers of tin foil. Tin foil is the BEST in the car. It is compact, you can make it all stick together, and it takes your kids a minute to get through. Then, when that is all done, you can make a ball and chuck it at the driver [kidding!].
2. Water bottle toppers. No sippy cups to deal with, just regular water bottles (add a flavor packet for fun) and you are good. to. go. I keep one of these in each car and one in my diaper bag (yes, I own 5 of them, don't mock).
3. Magic coloring books. You know the ones. The ones where the paper is actually pre-colored and your kid uses one marker (ONE, only ONE) to make it all magically appear. It is awesome.
4. Medicine. Yes, it is one more (or a million more) thing to bring, but when you aren't trying to find a Wal-mart while on the road you'll be glad you threw in the children's ibuprofen.
Okay, so I guess I have less original ideas to contribute than I originally thought. Hopefully my four measly ideas help you anyway. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment