I know I just mentioned our trip, but I need to get these pictures up so we have documented proof. Also, if we are anything like my parents, these may go down as the only pictures we have of the two of us together for quite some time. I really need to be better about getting pictures of the two of us as a couple. I found out just how rare those are when I gathered pictures for my grandparent's 50th anniversary. :)
The city from Alcatraz. We stayed in the Union Square area. I have no idea where that is when I look at these pictures, but it is gorgeous, nonetheless.
Oh, look at that. [kids, these can be used in the future, I'm sure.]
Alcatraz as seen from the ferry. It really is a gorgeous place with such interesting history.
We had quite the laugh about the two bridges easily seen on our travels (the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge). Mistakes were made about which was which, disappointment on the fact that the GGB is not actually golden, but instead "International Orange" etc.
Ronnie and I were in San Francisco about five years ago and had done some of the touristy things, but had a few things we definitely wanted to cross off our list: Walk
Our final night in San Fran, dinner was getting over about 9:00 p.m. and my legs had had enough. I had walked what seemed like 30 miles that day and my body was letting me know that it wanted to get back to its regular sedentary lifestyle. We had not yet ridden a cable car and Ronnie had found out that they ran until midnight and was determined to do it. I had told him that I would be dragging my sorry self home in a cab [thankyouverymuch].
As we exited the restaurant we discovered that cabs were hard to come by on Saturday nights on Pier 39, so I reluctantly hobbled my way down 3-4 city blocks to pick up the cable car.
I have to say that I am glad I did, it was easily one of my favorite parts of the trip. Ronnie enjoyed hanging off the side "Rice-a-Roni" style while I enjoyed the ride from my seat and had minor heart attacks as he acted like he didn't have three kids he needed to get home to [I tease].
See, he looks blissfully happy here, doesn't he?
And look! Another couple shot!
Last, but not least, proof that we walked part of the Golden Gate Bridge. We totally made it to the first tower.
Thanks San Fran, hope to see you again!
Also, thanks to G&G Wyo for taking upon themselves the task of three cute, but lively kiddos. We owe you big time!




1 comment:
This looks so nice to just 'go and be' the two of you! Jealous... um yes indeedy!
Ronnie does look like he was having a good time. I tell ya I need to try In n Out burger now that it is so life changing ;)
Post a Comment