Sunday, November 11, 2012

Those crazy southern Californians

Before I even begin, let me say that I married a man from southern California and one of my dearest friends is also from southern California, so I feel like I can say these things. :)

Ronnie loves In N Out Burger.

Like really loves it.

If there is an In N Out even kind of nearby anywhere we are going.  You can bet with 100% surety that we will be visiting it at some point.

It is as if In N Out is his lifeline.  It keeps him connected to his beloved California.

So, with that in mind...

Ronnie and I just returned from a wonderful retreat for his firm.  It was in San Francisco and awesome.  Two of the mornings we were there, Ronnie had meetings so I hung out with different spouses of the other attorneys.  On one such adventure, I noticed an In N Out .  It was our last full day in San Francisco and we were pretty tightly scheduled with other activities.  I chose to not disclose* the existence of the In N Out to Ronnie.

Fast forward about 8 hours.  We have 1.5 hours before dinner and are walking the streets of Pier 39, killing time.  We start to wander in the direction of In N Out. Ronnie noticed it, I admitted to already knowing about it and then...

What do we do next?

Find ourselves ordering a cheeseburger "animal style" and two shakes as our dinner appetizer.

It was like the cosmos aligned so that Ronnie could be connected once more.**

Yum.

*Look at me getting all "lawyer-y" on you.
**But really what is it with the intense love of the place?  It's good, just not life changing.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Ya we do love our In n Out!

D.B. said...

sometimes you can't put a price on nostalgia :) reminds me of this song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xfq_A8nXMsQ