Friday, November 09, 2012

And then I tell you something you already know

I've alluded to it in a few different posts and most who read this blog already know what I'm going to say...

Our ward [church congregation] got a new Bishop a little over a month ago.

That bishop's first name is Ronnie.

To say we were (and are) overwhelmed with this call to serve the Lord is a gross understatement. 

We've felt so blessed since the call and know that with the Lord's help we can do whatever he needs us to do.  I say we because although Ronnie is the bishop, I think we've had more people ask how I am doing with everything. So far, things are better than I prepared myself for.  Ronnie essentially has an additional job on top of his income-earning job, so obviously he is away from home more than he used to be.  He deals with so much that I don't know about and since I can't help with that stuff, I try to hold down the fort at home with as little* complaining as possible.

I have felt a noticeable spirit of peace personally and in our home.  I know we can do hard things. Now if anyone has magic tricks up their sleeves to make all of my kids sit reverently during sacrament meeting with no trips to the bathroom, be sure to let me know. :)

*Don't go thinking that I haven't had to shut the door of my room to have a little alone time every so often.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Congrats Ronnie!! Wow, bishop already, is he even 30 yet? Cool!

Rachel said...

Wow! You guys are amazing! I'm sure Ronnie is an awesome bishop, but I'm sure it's not easy for him or you to be away from home so much. I'm glad you've noticed a peaceful spirit and you have such a good attitude. I know you guys will be blessed for this.

Unknown said...

We love the new bishop and his family! My trick is send them both to the bathroom before the meeting starts (it works...if I remember to do it).

Pedersen Posse said...

Wow! Had no clue, but not completely surprised. I bet sacrament meetings are going to be fun for you. Good luck!

Lauren said...

Uncle Jerre told us all about it. :) I'm sure Ronnie is fabulous and gets to see Sam at Bishopric stuff. haha. Joseph is the first counselor so I feel ya on having them gone. Hang in there mama. You're a pretty awesome lady yourself.

Lindsay said...

Oh man, I feel you! To stand by your husband as he serves as bishop is simultaneously wonderful and awful, especially when your family is young. You will most certainly be blessed, even though it won't feel like it when you're drowning in chaos on the pew during Sacrament Meeting as you juggle three crazy children by yourself. As far as that goes, what has helped me the most is to keep things simple. And by simple I mean bring next to nothing with you to church. In my experience, more stuff = more problems and I don't have enough hands for more problems. I tell my boys that I expect them to sit quietly and listen, but because I know that's like asking the impossible, I keep a pencil and blank sheet of paper for each of them stashed away in the diaper bag to pull out if it's necessary. Surprisingly, it's not necessary too often - and my children are not angels, so you can stop thinking that right now (we do spend at least some of each Sunday trying to calm tears and tantrums out in the hall). But they have taken to thumbing through hymn books and looking for sight words on the program, or just curling up next to me on the bench. It's still exhausting to keep up with the three of them, but we're surviving. Hang in there. You are in for some amazing experiences.